Friday, January 14, 2011

Pregnancy Scare I think NOT!!!

On October 6th we had a second sonogram (at Mimis request) w/ Dr. Clark OBGYN He proceeded to tell us that Emma was under weight @ 5.4lbs and that her abdomen was not progressing like the rest of her body. We were told that if I was DR. Clarks patient he would take Emma by C-section that very next week which would make me @ 37 weeks. To me that did not make any sense. I believe babies comes when they are ready and if she isn't done growing why would you take her out pump her full of drugs to help her grow I mean my body will give her everything she needs God made it that way for a reason. I never had a doubt that she was ok but I wanted to talk to my midwife about it for sure. We discussed what Dr. Clark had said and Sarah recommended a third sonogram to settle everyones mind we did not go back to Dr. Clark. We went to a place that only does sonograms, my mom, Corey and Sarah came to the appointment with me. It turns out Emma is perfect she may be a bit small but the technician thought maybe my due date is off so they moved it to November 8th, instead of October 28th. I said so what your telling me is I'm not gonna have a huge baby? SWEET I mean I am doing this labor thing all natural no epidural and No I'm not CRAZY I'm EDUCATED! I believe my body is designed to labor this way as many women before me have done it! Corey and I left this appointment with a weight lifted off our shoulders we both knew God was in control of this pregnancy and he was taking care of our little girl ever step of the way.

No comments: